Saturday, April 27, 2013

Forthcoming

Next week on Disenchanted & Co.:

After a great deal of fiddling, designing, tweaking and so forth I've finalized the design for my Torian market bag. It's completely reversible with all hidden seams, and it can be made in virtually any desired size. Here's the best part: it doesn't require a pattern or any special sewing skills; it's all straight-seam stitching. You can even adapt the idea to make different types of bags. Want to learn how to make one of your own? Stop in and I'll teach you.

I have promotions for my final Darkyn novel starting on Wednesday, and revisions due in any moment from an editor, so I may have time only to do the market bag post this week. If I can sneak away, however, I promise to post something fun.

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I love it and yes, I want to know how you made it. Final Darkyn novel...*sigh* but I do think you should continue it on your blog. (that's a hint, btw ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I really can't say if this is the final novel as there is of course always a possibility the publisher will want more. I just think after fourteen novels in print and half a dozen more in e-book it's time for a sabbatical, maybe.

      Delete
  2. As I think I've mentioned in a previous post, I've just joined the sewing club and I've been successfully churning out bags for my friends. I've made beach bags, messenger bags and shoppers. I've been thinking about a smaller bag to use in the evenings for going out but haven't attempted it yet. I think your tutorial will be just the thing and I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like this bag design, Fran, primarily because you can tweak it to almost any size you'd like.

      I belong to a quilter's guild and I can tell you the fun of having sewing sisters to trade ideas and fabric and challenge each other is fabulous.

      Delete
  3. I love the batik fabric..
    Making bags is fun - I ve made all kind of bags for my kids when they were in Kindergarten and elementary school. I second the earlier "sigh".. and I am a bit sad there won´t any more Darkyn novels - but I am also looking forward to Toriana :-) and from what you have shown us so far it´s going to be so so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is from a while ago but I would love to learn how to make this bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alana, the tutorial on how to make the bag -- with photos -- is located at this link:

    http://toriana.blogspot.com/2013/05/market-bag.html

    ReplyDelete