Thursday, August 15, 2013

Monthly Mystery

I have a special edition of the monthly mystery this month that involves a rebus, which the dictionary defines as "a representation of words in the form of pictures or symbols, often presented as a puzzle." If you've ever seen letters and pictures used to spell out a phrase (i.e. H + the picture of an ear = hear), that's one form of a rebus. Some rebuses use only words and letters, like this one:

Queen a a a a day = Queen for a day

Now here is the rebus to solve for August's mystery:

rasingingin

Solve the rebus and put your answer in comments to this post by midnight EST on Friday, August 16th, 2013. I'll choose one name at random from everyone who posts the correct solution and send the winner a lovely prize from Victorian Trading Co. This contest is open to everyone on the planet, so please join in.

Graphic credit: © Yellowj | Dreamstime.com

13 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite musicals:

    Singing in (the) rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing in the Rain?

    I love these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singing in the rain

    (The only way I figured this out? I have a game on my tablet that usually hurts my brain: it's all rebus stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  4. singing in the rain

    (and now I have that song in my head, which is a good thing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To difficult for me (english is my second language) - had to peek :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Singing in the rain. (I love these!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Singing in the rain. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. singing in (the) rain

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Without looking at anyone else's reply, Singing in the Rain?

    I'm usually useless at this type of thing but I think I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. With all the rain we've had on the East Coast this summer, we may as well be "singing in the rain"!

    ReplyDelete