Friday, August 9, 2013

Vintage Posts

It's been a little over seven months since I first created the Disenchanted & Co. blog. At times it seemed like it would take forever to get to the first release date, but now it's only a few days away. For me the entire journey has taken even longer; it's been almost four years since I had this wild idea for a story and decided to run with it.

I hope you've had as much fun here as I have since January. As I expect an influx of new visitors next week I thought it would be an excellent time to do a best-of post; not only so they can find the all the good stuff on the blog but so I can find out what you've liked best about Disenchanted & Co.

To start, I've picked seven of my favorite posts since I began the blog:

January: In the Beginning ~ how it all started with NaNoWriMo back in 2009

February: From the Toriana Sketchbook ~ a peek at my original sketch of the BrewsMaid.

March: Looking for Toriana ~ how one trip to a county quilt show helped inspire my writing

April: Listening for Kit ~ characterization through music

May: Market Bag ~ my favorite how-to sewing project on the blog

June: Let Them Eat Icing ~ the recipe for my strawberry and cream tea cake

July: Steampunking Barbara Samuel ~ an interview with our first guest author

Visitor Favorites:

Darlene Ryan: Mind Your Manners

bluebamboo: Sachet on Over Here

Terlee: Gadgetry and Print from the Past

Theo: Wednesdays, which are now devoted to World-building

Now it's your turn: do you have any favorite posts on the blog? Share them in comments, and I'll add them to the list.


5 comments:

  1. Mind Your Manners, from March. I love the Victorian directive about the "evils" of reading novels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sachet On Over Here from March. I especially loved the history and background on sachets. Plus it had never occurred to me to make my own, and after that post I was gung-ho. New annual tradition for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were many interesting posts, some you've already listed, though not two of my favs: Gadgetry 4/19, and Print from the Past, 6/26

    Can't wait to open my Kindle on Monday!! I've already planned the day around my reading time...woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing Wednesdays. Definitely Writing Wednesdays though I love the craft things too. And I'm patiently waiting for Monday...yeah, patiently...uh huh...patient...be vewy vewy patient...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you all for helping pick some interesting posts. Tomorrow, we launch!

    ReplyDelete