Friday, September 6, 2013

Her Ladyship's Holiday

At present I'm working on my projects for the winter holidays, and since it will be the first for Disenchanted & Co. I have some neat surprises in store for all of you. One of these involves some unusual Victoriana I've been collecting and scanning all year, which I'll be converting into a free e-book and posting online. I also thought it might be fun if we could collaborate on something like a group project or a writing challenge.

A group project would be something that everyone who visits the blog would be welcome to contribute to, like a collection of our favorite recipes, crafts and/or personal traditions during the holidays. For something like this I'd be happy to collect your submissions, combine them with my own and turn it into a free e-book to distribute online.

For a writing challenge, we could pick a suitable topic (holiday memories, seasonal-themed fiction, etc.) decide on a deadline and then write our own pieces to be posted online. Once our pieces go live, I would then put up a central links list for everyone who participates to send my readers to your sites.

Whatever we might decide to do, my two stipulations are that the contributed content be original (no copyrighted material involved) and that it remain 100% free and accessible by anyone. Naturally everyone who contributes would retain all rights and resale options to their own portion of the project, with the understanding that the entire project itself will always remain free in any form.

Would you be interested in working with me on something like this, and if so, what would be your preference? If you have another, specific idea, what would you like to do? Let me know in comments.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm not very good at the writing stuff but I'd love to be involved in something like this. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a lot of fun collaborating on a project like this, Fran. I want readers involved, too, so it's possible we could do a holiday-themed recipe/craft/traditions e-book that includes links to holiday stories by the writers involved -- aka best of both ideas. :)

      Delete
  2. Not good at writing either but I would love to share something :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would definitely want our international pals involved, Susanne -- thanks for offering.

      Delete
  3. Sure, I'm in. I could prolly do any of those. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, blue -- and I'll have more about this project in about a week, so stay tuned for more details.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A holiday combination ebook sounds fun, but I don't know how well it would work outside of my head... A section for a recipe with a non-fiction story about the recipe as well as a section for holiday fiction?

    Thinking, thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think if we did a holiday-themed e-book that includes links to free stories online? That way the writers can post their stories on their blogs or websites, and the e-book would just have recipes, DIY projects and so forth for the content?

      Delete