Monday, September 9, 2013

Upcoming at MegaCon

As I've mentioned in the newsletter, Disenchanted & Co. will have a booth at MegaCon 2014, featuring my signed books along with some of my other creations. We're still waiting on the convention folks to give us a booth assignment, but the space has been guaranteed, so we're now locked in.

To give you a sneak preview, here are some pics of what I'm working on for the booth:

Steampunk earrings:



Crazy quilted tote:



Journal:



Story artifacts (this is my current big project, which I'm hoping to turn into a cashsafe):



My 2012 1K cards project will also be on display at the booth (and not like this):



I may sell some of the cards to help out with my daughter's college tuition; I don't know for sure on that because I'm still dithering over what to do with the entire project. I do promise to quit waffling and make a decision on it soon.

Speaking of my kid, she will also exhibiting her original art at the booth:



Of course I can't expect everyone to make the trip to Orlando for the con, so after the print books release I'll definitely have some pre-con swag bag giveaways here at the blog. There will also be ongoing updates in the newsletter from now until MegaCon rolls around, so if you want more details, sign up over there on the sidebar.

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to make it to Orlando but my funds simply won't run that far. I spent up my September "free" funds on a weekend in Norwich, Norfolk (UK) with my syfy club. Great weekend but I don't have much to show for it. I love the earrings, the tote bag and the fabulous artwork. I'd like to own all of them - sigh ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I will have some giveaways for my online pals before MegaCon, so there will be a chance to win some goodies. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those earrings! So...how would I go about ordering them since I won't make it to Orlando either, though I'd love that as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I've thought about setting up a little shop on Etsy so I can sell some things I make, but I have some serious reservations about some recent changes they've made to the site. I don't care for eBay at all, and haven't explored other options. I'm also still trying to settle my writing-work schedule for the winter/spring, which is a bit up in the air as of yet. Which is a very long way of saying I'm not yet sure if I will sell anything online, but if I do, you all will be the first to know.

      Delete
  3. If you're selling the art cards I'd love one--or six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cards were such a labor of love that I'm not sure I can bring myself to sell them, Darlene. Giving them away would be easier, I think -- I wouldn't have to try to put a price on a year of my life, lol.

      Delete
  4. I desperately wish I could be there!!! Your daughter is just as talented in the arts as you are. So amazing! I loved seeing your new cards. I lasted two weeks on mine. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn -- I'm really proud of how far the girl has come with her art. I'm also challenging myself to invent some new jewelry designs, which has been a lot of fun.

      Delete